There are separate courses supervised by our qualified coaches for Seniors and Juniors covering at least the basic syllabus laid out by Archery GB. By the end you should have enough knowledge and shooting skill to be invited to join the club.
Some of what we cover, not necessarily in this order:-
- Safety rules and warming up
- Assembling your bow
- “Target” archery shooting a bow without a sight (barebow style)
- Converting to using a sight (freestyle) to improve accuracy and range
- Setting up and taking down a target
- Scoring and recording methods in use
- Different target faces used
- Demonstration of different types of bows
- Different types of archery with a chance to have a go at “field” archery
- The principle of how rounds are shot
- Basic set-up of a bow and simple maintenance
- Style and performance improvement
The emphasis of the course is on shooting… what you have really come to do – but safely.